Friday, May 11, 2012

May For Me - Day 11


Tater Tot Breakfast Crock Pot Recipe

1 lb. frozen tater tots
1/2 lb. diced ham
1 onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1-1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
6 eggs
1/2 cup milk
salt and pepper to taste

In 4-5 quart crock pot, layer ingredients in order: one third of the tater tots, ham, onions, green peppers, and cheese. Repeat layers two more times, ending with cheese.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs and milk and beat with whisk or egg beater until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour mixture over layers in crock pot. Cover crock pot and cook on low for 6 -8 hours or until egg mixture is set. (so you can make up at night, turn on, and wake up to breakfast)
Yield - 6 to 8 Servings

*you can make this in a glass baking dish, bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 45-60 mins*
**I'm using some breakfast sausage instead of the ham.**
***Change it to a dinner casserole - use any meat you like and a bag of frozen mixed vegies - kid friendly meal***


I would like to share two more May For Me bloggers for inspiration:

Pauline over at Phoenix Heirlooms - I am so lucky to have one of her paintings!

Belinda over at The Seamrippers - another quilter who does a variety of crafting.


BINGO CALL WORDS

N - HOLLY
O - MOSAIC(S)
O - BUBBLE(S)
N - BALL(S)
N - CRACKER
B - AIRPLANE(S)
O - HAT(S)
O - SNAIL
N - PAIL
and an oopsie - so Tonya didn't have to look thru all the paper work and cards (no A - Apple) so any APPLE(S) square on your card - Hey, it's Friday!

Remember to check in with Marcia, Tonya, and Snoodles for their words as well as what they may share for May For Me.

If you get a BINGO contact Tonya at Hillbilly Handiworks.
Need a refresher on the BINGO Information and Rules click HERE.

CLOSING THOUGHT

'But I must gather knots of flowers,
And buds and garlands gay,
For I'm to be Queen o' the May, mother,
I'm to be Queen o' the May.'
- Alfred Lord Tennyson

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks so yummy Sharon,thankyou .xx

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

ohhhh..... the kids would love this recipe! I have saved it and will try it out on them soon ! Thanks Sharon!

Maria said...

Nice recipe thanks Sharon.
No buttons to stitch on today on your post..

Unknown said...

mmmm....that looks good, I've love some right now please. Wish I would have gotten in on this bingo game.

Bobbie said...

eek! I just realized I wasnt following you! I visit you alot because you post on all my other favorites - so I didn't realize it. must have been Brain Overload!I am now officially following!

Karen said...

Thanks for the recipe. I will be trying it.

Denise :) said...

Lovely poem ... Tennyson has always been a favorite of mine! Your Tater Tot casserole sounds yummy!! Thank you for sharing it! :)

Sheila said...

This recipe looks so good! Would be wonderful with a glass of orange juice and a hot cup of coffee in the morning! Yum!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

A beautiful poem. Will try the recipe minus the critter. Looks like such good comfort food.
xx

Michele said...

That looks delicious!

Snoodles said...

That looks so good! I think I might try it with some diced rutabaga, boiled first...I substitute that for potatoes quite often: mashed "potatoes" and even "potato salad" with it. I've fooled folks with it before; I do it to keep hubby's blood sugar in check. Thanks for the great recipe!

Cheryl said...

The recipe sounds so yummy!! I will definitely be making this. Happy weekend to you.

QuiltSue said...

That recipe looks so great that my DDIL and I are planning to make it for dinner this evening, if we can find something similar to Tater Tots here in the UK.