Tuesday, May 15, 2012

May For Me - Day 15


I am sharing my work space again - and forced to change plans due to a bit of an accident. I will spare the gore, but in the wee hours of yesterday morning I had an 'oops' - rotary jumped the ruler. So I am a bit one handed, but not down. I just will be behind in my planned handwork and FMQ - but hey, 3 weeks left in the month, so no fears! So I am playing with my 1.5" squares to prep a scrappy border - I am going to need a lot of these!


I have to blame Sheila for this purchase - saw those 'Symphany in Blue' fabrics in her strip quilt and had to have. And I was low on yellows and pinks. (fabrics from Connecting Threads) But perfect for our discussion 'behind the scenes' with May For Me. COLOR: Share our stories...

"....about what is the most predominant color (or favorite color) you use in your quilting, what inspires it, and what is your favorite block or pattern to use with it."

If you follow me, you know I will play with almost anything. But my favorite color and most predominant color is blue. I find it can be a soft color, a bold color, a mood color. Like being a child, laying on the hillside looking up to the sky in a daydream. A favorite block for it - oh so many can be named. But I am in the progress of using some of my blues in a Churn Dash. I have a blue quilt I plan to share in the up-coming Blogger's Quilt Festival.

Maybe you can share a color story on your blog or any of our four blogs.


REMINDER


Cheryll has just posted for sign ups for this years Santa Sack Swap. You must use the Santa Sack Swap blog for this. There is a limited number of members, so hurry - first come first serve, so to speak. You will also have to 'follow' that blog as all future up-dates will only be given there.

BINGO CALL WORDS

B - MACHINE
I - RULERS
G - PEAS
N - DEER
G - PAJAMAS
N - LUGGAGE
N - TEAPOT or TEA
G - BANDANA
N - LIGHTS
I - GHOST

Remember to check in with Marcia, Tonya, and Snoodles for their words as well as what they may share for May For Me.

If you get a BINGO contact Tonya at Hillbilly Handiworks.
Need a refresher on the BINGO Information and Rules click HERE.

***PLEASE*** CHECK THE PRIZE/WINNER PAGES ON TONYA'S AND MARCIA'S BLOGS - THERE ARE BINGOS THAT HAVE BEEN COMPLETED/WON AND THEREFORE DONE - ONLY CALL A BINGO FOR THOSE STILL OPEN THANK YOU***

CLOSING THOUGHT

"The beautiful spring came; and when Nature resumes her loveliness,
the human soul is apt to revive also. "
- Harriet Ann Jacobs

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

19 comments:

Sandy D said...

Been there did that. I hope your injury is not too serious and your hand recovers quickly.

Marcia W. said...

I'm always afraid that I will either cut my hand or drop on my foot (I sew barefoot). Like you I love Blues.

Lesley said...

Oh Sharon...really hope it was not too serious a cut...it is too much fun and much too easy to use a rotary cutter...but glad that you can still type, choose gorgeous fabrics, and keep us informed...that swap looks very interesting!

Michele said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry that your cutter took on a mind of its own. I hope it got a really long time out.

Denise :) said...

Yikes...rotary cutter accidents are nothing to turn your nose up at. That stings! Hope it heals quickly!

Funny you should talk about color this morning. I was looking out the window this morning and a beautiful blue indigo bunting in our tray feeder...and the cardinals were out, as were the pretty little goldfinches. I couldn't help but think how much color inspiration there was right outside my window! And then--because I'm silly--I wondered why there weren't any purple or orange birds out in my backyard, seeing as how those are the two colors I've played with most these last few months! Haha!! :)

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

Yikes! Rotary cutter accidents are the worst! I hope you are feeling better fast.
I plan to blog about my quilting colors tomorrow as I am getting a little behind every time I turn around this week. I did not have an accident in my quilting room, so that is not delaying me. Several years ago, I was working with a quilting customer and I tripped and fell on my left wrist right onto the cement floor! Broke it! That delayed me!
Enjoy the 15th day of the Month!

Miss Hillbilly said...

I cannot believe I forgot the color story. Aaaarrrggghhhh! I even thought of it a couple of days ago. I will have to share tomorrow. I need to get my blog calendar out and write these things down!

Sorry about your hand. Kind of a bummer. Just cuddle with your kitty today :)

Snoodles said...

Sure hope that your cut heals quickly - no fun...I can't wait to see the border from the tiny squares. That looks like such a neat way to border a quilt.

Needled Mom said...

OUCH....that doesn't sound like fun! Hope it heals quickly.

I find that the easiest color for me is green. I like the quiet greens as well as the brights and find it is my go to color.

Yeah....I finally got another word.

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh my goodness Sharon! I hope you are recovering from that cut and that it was not too deep!!! Take very good care of it! My favorite color is blue also :*)

Maria said...

Ouch!!! Hope it heals soon...

No words here today...

Sheila said...

Very nice selections from Connecting Threads!
So sorry about the rotary cutter accident. I had a mishap with mine last year. Those things are wonderful, but a bit dangerous. haha
You need to take a break, sit back, have a cup of coffee and eat some cookies :D

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Hope your 'boo-boo' heals real quick so you can get back to quilting!!
~Terry~

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I don't sew in the wee hours. I just can't do that. I make too many mistakes. Hope you heal quickly. Those things HURT!

Char said...

Sharon, I'm sorry to hear about your accident. Hope it heals fast, you have lots to do!
I've always liked lime green but it seems lately I'm using much more pink. I have lots of lime, blue and pink in my stash.
I love the fabrics you got from CT. They brought back my favorite line Riviera. I will be sure to get some.

Cheryll said...

Thanks for the advert... I'm overwhelmed by the response again this year! It will be fantastic come Christmas time... :)

tink's mom said...

So sorry about your hand. Glad to see by your typing and work on the little squares to see that you are on the mend. I think my favorite color is red but looking at my stash it seems to be green. Very interesting.hummmmm.

Sinta Renee said...

I hope you are mending well and have both hands to sew with soon!!!

Kris said...

Oh, Sharon - Hope you are okay!! Youch, those rotary cuts hurt like H . . . E . . . DOUBLE TOOTHPICKS!!! And I love all your new fabrics!! Kris