Saturday, March 11, 2017

Slow Stitching & H2H

Slow Sunday Stitching

I have had a rush on to finish up two wallhangings and one very large quilt, which I will share later this week.  Today I want to join KATHY for some slow-down time.


I would really like to finish 'dressing' the next bag lady - 'Millicent' - as well as get those bags done.  Maybe even the kitty in the pocket.  That will leave just a few items for next weekend - or maybe one of those frightful windy nights again.


I get so excited for this project each year.  This is H2H's 7th year and I have participated every year.  Today SARAH has the three charities listed or you can follow her guidelines (very relaxed) as well as a form to sign up.  Signing up is not required (but it helps Sarah know roughly how many are participating), but there are several dates and steps along the way - with give aways.  Charity work is very dear to me as a quilter, please consider joining H2H this year.  Thank you Sarah for all the hard work you put into this venture each year.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I jumped in to sign up for H2H too. I need to get started as a hand piecer and quilter it takes me a little longer to make one.

MissPat said...

I have several quilts in progress for H2H. This will be my second year. It's a good feeling to put the overwhelming stash and scraps into something that benefits others.
Hope the coming blizzard doesn't hit you too hard. I'm still in FL, but heading home in two weeks.
Pat

Dana Gaffney said...

Has the wind calmed down at all up there? I hope you and the furkids are getting a break from it. Sarah does so much for our online community, the H2H is amazing to watch it grow every year.

Joanna said...

I think I learned about H2H on your blog and am happy to be able to join in. These bag ladies are so charming. Enjoy your slow stitching day. We're in for another storm this week.

Sarah Craig said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Sharon, and I love reading all the comments before mine - they make me smile!!!

Kate said...

Hope you got in lots of slow stitching yesterday.